What’s Happening CenTex
This is ya girl Kas Poetess aka Killa Kas with her feet in these streets, and eyes on the vibes. I am all about the arts and a good time. So I’ve got a question for you? Who says there’s nothing to do in the CenTex? Well, you must be tuned into the wrong grapevine. Central Texas is popping with a variety of things to do. Here’s the skinny on some hot spots to hit if you are looking for poetry, comedy, music or just great vibes in the area. The best part is all of these are recurring events. Check it out.
- The Word: open mic (poetry/musicians/singers held) every THIRD WEDNESDAY at J Kowboy 13 E Ave B, Temple, TX 76501
- I Speak: family friendly (poetry/musicians/singers) every 1st FRIDAY at the Living Room 1002 E Elms Rd, STE 114, Killeen, TX 76542
- The Golden Mic: showcase (poetry/musicians/singers) held every FOURTH THURSDAY at the Living Room 1002 E Elms Rd, STE 114, Killeen, TX 76542
The Living Room also hosts: Sensual Movement classes every Tuesday & Sexy Bing with Pure Romance every THIRD THURSDAY
- SoulCial Sundays: poetry/musicians/singers held every THIRD SUNDAY at Chiefs’ Bar & Grill 806 Atlas Ave, Killeen, TX 76542
Chiefs’ also hosts club/party nights: WCW Ladies Night every Wednesday + Karaoke & Famous Fridays every Friday brought to you by 4Way Ent.
- Twice as Funny Open Mic Night: comedy competition held every THURDAY at Twice As Funny Comedy Lounge 803 E Central Texas Expy, Killeen, TX 76541
These are all great ways to get out, mix and mingle, catch some fantastic Creatives and show off some of your own skills. Check Facebook for all of the events listed for more information. If you know of any events that should not be missed, or if you are a hidden local gem that wants to get some exposure, drop us a line at email@example.com subject line – What’s Happening and we’ll get you added to the mix. Want to know what’s Happening CenTex? Then keep it locked to UITA Radio.